Sunday, April 1, 2012

Meredith and Family

I had the pleasure of being invited into Meredith's home again this winter to capture this beautiful girl with her parents.  You may remember Meredith from our photo session that we did when she was five.  Now she's eight. She is strong and beautiful and loves her parents very much.

On a side note, I wanted to mention that Meredith's parents submitted one of my photos to a Valentine's Day photo contest at the Ottawa Citizen. It was taken at our first session three years ago.  Long story short, they won the contest and will enjoy a weekend away.  My photo was published in the Saturday edition of the paper about a month ago.  I'm delighted they won as they definitely deserve it.  I'm also pretty proud that it was my photo.

Meredith's mom, Julie is a talented writer and an all-round awesome person. You can't help but want to be her friend.  Please go now and visit her website: www.whatiwouldtellyou.com . She has written an amazing essay about her life as a mother of a daughter with cerebral palsy and writes a blog on the subject.  I dare you not to be moved by her words.

Meredith's dad, Tim, is a pretty great guy, too.


Seriously. Go now and visit www.whatiwouldtellyou.com .

1 comment:

The Knitty Gritty Homestead said...

I just looked at the whole session's worth of photos this afternoon...now, seeing them again, I have tears in my eyes. They're that beautiful! I'll want a session with our gang before they're grown! You captured so much of the beauty of this little family's loving bond.